Monday, May 24, 2010

#47. Save Someone's Life

So when I decided to include "save someones life" on my list I figured that being a nurse it would happen there. I want to be able to recognize a life threatening emergency and be able to save the person. Little did I know completing this task would happen on my day off from work while at home with this little man..
He was eating some lima beans for lunch (yes..I know..why would a baby be eating lima beans?? I ask myself the same question.) When he started choking on the lima beans. I ended up pulling him out of his highchair with Kristins help (thanks KT) and doing the baby heimlech maneuver. Thank the Lord he ended up being fine after about 5 back thrusts he was just scared after and cried for a little bit. And then he was back to his happy baby self! Needless to say there will be no more lima beans in his future. I think this counts as saving someones life?!?

So there it is..my first one on the list done. And please Eric, lets not choke anymore. Ok? You are way to precious to lose. I much rather keep the "saving lives" to when I'm working.

1 comment: